Wednesday, April 11, 2018

My Newly Upgraded Gaming PC & Newly Built Streaming PC

I've been experimenting with VideoGame Streaming on Twitch and YouTube for nearly two years now since the summer of 2016. My focus was mainly to learn the technical side of how things operate vs trying to become famous on the internet. While doing so I've found that the video quality of my streams weren't up to the standard I would like them to be so just recently I decided to build myself a newer secondary PC dedicated solely for streaming videos, and processing videos. In previous years I had been using my gaming laptop to do the streaming part but have noticed that it is not quite powerful enough to get the 1080p 60fps video quality I was aiming for.

I have my main Gaming PC which I've upgraded and now I have my new secondary PC that will process the streaming. But some people may ask, "why do you have two computers for that? Can't you do it with just one?" My answer is yes you can do it with one computer, but the video quality will suffer. If a single PC has to handle the processing of not only the chosen videogame itself, but also the overhead of video processing/streaming, you are going to lose alot of frames per second within your video game.

If you have a single dedicated computer for each function, 1 for gaming, and 1 for streaming, there will be far less processing overhead and much lower chance for any dropped frames-per-second and slow-down.

So here's the breakdown of my builds so far in 2018:


PC#1 - Walt's Gaming Rig

Display = MSi Optix AG32C 31.5-inch 165Hz Curved LED Monitor
Power = CoolerMaster G750M 750 Watt
Mobo = Asus Prime X299-A LGA2066 with RGB lighting
Case = CoolerMaster Storm Stryker SE with RGB lighting
GPU = Asus GeForce GTX 1070 DUAL 8GB Overclocked
CPU = 7th Gen (Kaby Lake) Intel Core i7-7740X Quad-core 4.5 Ghz
CPU Cooler = Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 Liquid CPU Cooler
Storage = OCZ 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate Cheetah HDD
Memory = G-Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4-3866 RAM with RGB lighting
Keyboard = Logitech Orion Spark G910 Mechanical with RGB lighting
Mouse = Razer Deathadder Chroma with RGB lighting
Headset = Steelseries Arctis 5 DTS 7.1 surround with RGB lighting
GamePad = Xbox One Afterglow Prismatic with RGB lighting
MousePad = Razer FireFly Chroma with RGB lighting


PC#2 Walt's Streaming Rig

Display = AOC 27-inch 144Hz IPS Monitor
Power = CoolerMaster G650M 650 Watt
Mobo = MSi Z370 Gaming Plus LGA1151 with Red LED lighting
Case = MSi Edition CoolerMaster MasterBox 5 with Red Dragon logo
GPU = MSi GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Overclocked
CPU = 8th Gen (Coffee Lake) Intel Core i3-8350K Quad-core 4.0 Ghz
CPU Cooler = Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 Liquid CPU Cooler
Storage = 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
Memory = Adata XPG Z1 Gaming Series 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4-2400 RAM
Keyboard = Red Dragon Karura K502 silent soft-touch LED keyboard
Mouse = ShiRui L6 Silent-click Rechargeable RGB wireless bluetooth Mouse
Headset = Sony MDR-XB950 Xtra Bass studio headphones
GamePad = Xbox One wireless
MousePad = Razer Vespula dual-surface mousepad
Capture Device = AVerMedia LGX Live Gamer Extreme


No comments:

Post a Comment